This is your opportunity to join the Deloitte Capital Projects Advisory team within real estate practice of Deloitte LLP, one of the world’s leading providers of professional services. Together we’ve established a new benchmark in how advisory services are delivered, with an unparalleled capability to provide innovative cross service solutions to the most complex construction, infrastructure and property challenges. We provide consultative services, as well as a variety of specialist advice, to a wide range of private and public sector clients across the UK and abroad. We can help clients with everything from preparing planning applications to managing commercial real estate.
Deloitte currently provides comprehensive consultancy and advisory services, working seamlessly with specialist teams in areas of assurance and advisory, tax, corporate finance and consulting, to deliver fully integrated expert solutions on a national and global basis. Working here will give you the chance to gain experience on a truly diverse range of Programme and Project types. The calibre of clients is exceptionally high and you’ll have the opportunity to develop across different areas as your experience grows. There is a comprehensive suite of learning and development opportunities.
The Capital Projects Advisory group provides Consulting, Delivery, Assurance and Due Diligence services to clients across a range of industry sectors, including public sector, real estate, transportation, energy, utilities and nuclear. We act as a critical friend to our clients, providing end to end advice and assurance as well as project delivery capabilities. We help our clients plan, manage and deliver significant capital expenditure, often supporting complex business transformation, optimizing the value delivered through capital investment.
Practical experience in delivering programmes, projects or initiatives, with practical knowledge in one or more of the following core business areas:
- Construction: e.g. infrastructure; energy; utilities; nuclear or oil and gas; real estate;
- Programme and/or Project delivery;
- Commercial & Procurement;
- Change Management;
- Risk Management - scope, cost and schedule.
- Capability to support Review Team in second or third line of defence assurance review of medium to high risk Programmes, Projects and changes therein.
You will require a knowledge of and some capability in the following:
- Capability to participate in the second or third line of defence assurance review of complex medium to high risk Programmes, Projects and changes therein.
- Familiar with the conduct of gateway and sanction reviews, for example aligned to or tailored from aligned to IPA (OGC) scope, and Project Assessment Reviews.
- Ability to assist in the development of the requirements for a review, develop approach and lines of enquiry, brief-in and steer supporting technical expertise.
- Knowledge to support assessments of the construct of complex schedules (Programme Plans) and costs estimates sufficient to review and challenge (ask the right questions about) the integrity of those under review. Awareness of P6 and scheduling practice.
- Some understanding of Probabilistic Risk Assessment of schedule and cost forecasts sufficient to review against best practice, the approach and construct of assessments by others.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to write unambiguous rigorous reports, including those for a non-technical audience.
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: Manchester, with occasional domestic and international travel.
Work Pattern: Permanent full time.
Your professional experience
Sector Experience gained in PMO environment supporting Programme Management through:
- Large scale infrastructure Programmes in rail, construction, defence, energy, nuclear, or oil and gas.
- Change and transformation in regulated environments, is desirable.
- Some public sector experience desirable but not essential.
- Project Review Experience in administering engagements including:
- Receipt of Client requests.
- Drafting outline proposals, and tracking progress and status of it.
- Administering regular Client progress and Contract meetings, ensuring minutes and actions logs are maintained.
- Oversight of billing and financial forecasting.
- Dealing with day to day requirements of security, and engagement of sub-consultants.
- Supporting development of Client relationships.
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together,
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'