Assistant Compliance Officer
ACM is a dynamic and forward-thinking financial services company that focuses on Forex, Spread Betting and CFD (Contract for Difference) trading. Based in London EC2, the company is growing rapidly within its market sector and with a forward-thinking strategy and the right people in place, it is looking forward to a robust future. In this connection, ACM seeks an Assistant Compliance Officer. This is a full time, permanent position.
The Assistant Compliance Officer will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective systems and controls for compliance with applicable requirements and standards under the regulatory system
- Responsible for identifying and assessing the compliance risks associated with the organisation's current and proposed future business activities, including new products, new business relationships and any extension of operations or network on an international level
- Responsible for advising management on the applicable laws, regulations, rules and standards and inform them about any development in these areas
- Responsible for establishing written guidelines to staff and service providers on the appropriate implementation of the laws, regulation, rules and standards through policies and procedures (Compliance Manual); Maintain all compliance policies and supporting infrastructure
- Responsible for assessing the appropriateness of internal policies, procedures and guidelines, ensure a follow-up of any identified deficiencies, make recommendations for amendments where necessary and supervise the implementation of corrective measures to mitigate the identified deficiencies
- Responsible for monitoring compliance with internal policies, procedures and guidelines by performing regular and comprehensive compliance risk assessments and testing; report the results on a regular basis and promptly where deemed necessary to the Board
- Responsible for providing a central point of contact for all information on compliance-related issues (e.g. breach of regulation, non-respect of procedures, conflict of interest)
- Responsible for ensuring all compliance reports are submitted promptly and accurately to the regulator
- Responsible for educating staff with respect to compliance with the applicable laws, rules and standards and act as advisor on compliance queries from staff members
- Responsible for liaising with relevant external bodies and regulators on compliance matters
- Responsible for maintaining the firm's operational risk management assessment and for reporting relevant significant risks to the Board as applicable
- Responsible for challenging the business perception of risk
AML - Responsibilities
- Responsible for oversight of compliance with the FCA's rules on systems and controls against money laundering and for countering the risk that the firm might be used to further financial crime. It is specifically noted that these systems and controls must enable the firm to identify, assess, monitor and manage money laundering risk
- Responsible for monitoring the day-to-day operation of AML/CFT policies, and respond promptly to any reasonable request for information made by the FCA, NCA or any other law enforcement
- Responsible for establishing the basis on which a risk-based approach to the prevention of money laundering/terrorist financing is put into practice and review the approach on a regular basis
- Responsible for all the AML reporting requirements and operate within the required standards
- Responsible for ensuring that adequate arrangements are in place for the awareness and training of employees. In particular training must be offered, of a high standard and the scope must be appropriate.
Mandatory Candidate Requirements
- Significant industry experience with a relevant Top 5 CFD company
- Candidate must be able to travel at least monthly overseas
- Candidate should be well versed with MT4, Multi Asset Platform, Salesforce, World-check and Payment Solutions
- Candidate should understand the FCA handbook and EMSA regulations.
The role does involve communicating regularly with the company’s Arabic speaking clients, so the ability to communicate in English and Arabic is desirable but not mandatory.
Should you be interested in this vacancy, please respond with your current c.v. and a cover letter by the closing date: 25th July 2018
- Risk Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"