A recognisable global brand within insurance is seeking an Assistant Co Sec to join their compliance and governance team. This role would suit someone who is part qualified (Institute of Secretaries and Administrators) and recognised this is where they see their career.
Seeking recent experience of working in a similar role within insurance this role will make use of your meticulous attention to detail and ability to handle huge amounts of information with ease and significantly accuracy. Assisting with monthly/quarterly board and committee meetings you want to showcase your administration skills within insurance that can demonstrate your understanding of terminology and interest in this sector. You will also support the CRO with diary and inbox management as well.
Duties will include:
- Supporting the corporate governance team with a variety of heavily administrative duties such as:
- Day to day policy update
- Proactively managing the annual calendar liaising with key internal stakeholders and regulatory bodies such as the PRA, FCA and Lloyds
- Support with the management of the corporate governance timetable ensuring that all deadlines are met
- Schedule all board and committee meetings, liaising with all key stakeholders frequently having to cajole people for information essential for reports
- Working on SharePoint to ensure that the library of policies is maintained and updated
- Coordinate all meetings, including teleconference and catering requirements
- Minute taking for set meetings as well as transcribing these to business English to the action point from each meeting
- Work with HR to ensure that training is regulated and technical skills are completed
- Ensure that all invoices are tracked and approved for month/year end
- Keeping updated on Company Law, Charity Law and Corporate Governance
- Assisting with trademark registration, intellectual property rights registration and all related correspondence
- Work with the CRO to ensure her time is effectively managed:
- Diary and meeting management proactively ensuring the CRO is using her time effectively
- You are comfortable managing a constantly changing 'to do' list and are happy to highlight areas that require her attention and prioritising her time
- Respond to ad hoc administration requests including PowerPoint presentations, filing of emails and documents
This role would appeal to an administration guru - who loves working to targets and naturally works in a methodical and organised way. You are currently working within insurance and have a genuine interest in this field and showcasing your understanding of terminology. Deadlines are your friend and you enjoy following a rigid process to completion. You would describe yourself as confident, easily able to build a rapport with people and want to be in a role where your strong communication skills will be fully utilised.
Core hours are 9-5 with a degree of flexibility on the run up to board meetings.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job