Rutherford Briant are recruiting for an Assistant Company Secretary in Chelmsford. Our client that has seen much growth over recent years and has significant plans of growth through new investment. This opportunity is offered at an exciting time to join them and to work with the Head of the Division to provide Company Secretarial services to both investment company clients and the internal governance structure.
Outline of main duties and responsibilities
• Provision of full range of Company Secretarial Services to clients who are mainly UK listed Investment Trusts.
• Provision of statutory and regulatory advice to Boards and Investment Managers.
• Ensuring compliance with Companies Acts, UKLA Listing Rules, Articles of Association, and associated statutory & legal requirements.
• Organisation of shareholder and Board meetings for your given Investment Trusts.
• Preparation of papers for AGM’s, Board and Committee meetings.
• Minute taking at all meetings.
• Follow up on actions from meetings.
• Assist with client projects recent projects have included: share issuances, share buy-backs, capital reorganisations, new investment trust launches and investment trust liquidation.
• Assist in preparation and production of interim and annual report and accounts, liaising with Fund Accountants, third parties and printers.
• Liaison with registrars.
• Any ad hoc requests from the board.
The ideal candidate will hold a Company Secretarial qualification (ACIS or FCIS) or equivalent and have experience of providing company secretarial services to a high standard.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job