Assistant Commercial Underwriter
Barker Munro Recruitment, a leading Kent Insurance recruitment agency, is working with a fantastic insurance organization who are currently looking to add to their commercial trading team.
This impressive insurance company have a clear objective to continue its commercial lines expansion in line with strategic plans to develop new products and underwrite selectively to ensure continued success in their chosen markets.
The role purpose is to contribute to the profitable development of small business, by case underwriting new business risks and actively managing renewals, including:
• Developing and supporting the small business account by engaging and encouraging new and existing relationships with regional brokers.
• Profitably underwrite, on a case-by-case basis, new and renewal small business risks within the underwriting criteria.
• Underwrite within authority limits and refer all cases outside of strategy or individual limits.
• Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with regional brokers.
Training will be supplied as the most important requirements are to find candidates with the right personality - positive, with a sales flair and a natural sales focus, however, some knowledge of the Commercial Insurance market would be highly advantageous.
We are seeking applicants with:
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral, with the ability to work with others internally and externally.
• The ability to negotiate and influence results.
• Good problem solving skills and the experience to prioritise work and meet specified deadlines.
• Proactive, innovative and able to take the initiative.
Commercial Insurance broking or underwriting knowledge is preferred but if you feel you have the right attributes from within the Personal Lines market, to excel in this role, please forward your CV to Barker Munro Recruitment Ltd by using the relevant links.
A fantastic opportunity for someone that may feel stifled in their current role or now looking to push on and develop with a fantastic support network around them.
Keywords: Commercial Insurance, Underwriter, Assistant Underwriter, Underwriting Assistant, underwriting jobs in Kent, Underwriting jobs in Maidstone, Insurance jobs in Kent.
- Commercial Insurance
- Commercial Lines
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"