Our client is looking to recruit an Assistant Commercial Account who will report to the Commercial Accountant. The successful post-holder will be responsible for the provision and interpretation of financial / management information to support and inform the local management team.
Our client is a large international PLC who operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, they are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices they offer national coverage across all of their core activities and employ circa 20,000 people.
- Provision of front line support to business segment management including attending local contract management and customer meetings where required
- Maintenance of weekly and monthly timesheet and costing information
- Assisting the Commercial Accountants with new contract mobilisations so that all financial reporting requirements are in place
- Assisting with the preparation of business segment management accounts, including reporting packs / commentary and analysis
- Preparation of analysis in respect of WIP, Debt and cash positions on contracts
- Assisting with the preparation of quarterly forecasts and annual business plans
- Completion of balance sheet reconciliations
- Interfacing with local and group support functions
- Completion of adhoc analysis as required by the Commercial Accountant and wider business
- Deputising for the Commercial Accountant where required
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant management accounting knowledge in a commercial environment is essential
- Must demonstrate a good standard of Ms Excel skills
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Please only apply for this role if you have previously or are currently studying towards AAT, CIMA or ACCA
Basic salary up to £30,000 plus study support and an excellent benefits package
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job