ASSISTANT COMMERCIAL ACCOUNTANT
PART QUALIFIED, AMBITIOUS & DRIVEN
£23,000 to £25,000
My client is a family owned retail business formed in 2012 who have grown rapidly through acquisition and organically from the start and now have 100+ stores across the UK. With a turnover of circa £180m, and forecast to continue to grow, the UK arm of this Group can offer a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and enthusiastic part qualified accountant.
The UK Finance Department provides a number of functions and services to the wider business. The UK team is relatively small (Finance Director, Commercial Accountant and Assistant Commercial Accountant) so there is the opportunity to be involved in many aspects of the accounts operation, and for the role to grow around the right candidate.
Responsibilities in the UK team are often shared and interchangeable between the different members of the team. For a part qualified candidate this is the ideal way to ensure you become a well-rounded and qualified accountant; giving you options of which area of accounts you wish to specialise in.
The final role will be tailored to make best use of the candidates strengths and skills and to balance and share duties with the Commercial Accountant and Assistant Commercial Accountant. These will include:
- Financial Reporting to Senior Management
- Large Scale Reporting to Branch Network
- Performance and KPI Monitoring
- Preparation of Management Accounts
- Work alongside overseas Accounts teams to deliver financial reporting to the business
- Work with in-house IT Teams to develop tools, systems and processes
- Posting Journals for commercial items
- Utilising advanced Excel models and assist in creating new models to streamline processes
- Support the Finance Director and Commercial Accountant in running the UK Finance operations
- Ad-hoc Duties and support to the Finance Operation
To be successful in this role you will be able to evidence the following skills/experience:
- Good all-rounder able to adapt to varying demands both commercial and financial
- Strong analytical background
- Have an advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Have excellent communication skills
- Willingness to get involved at all levels of the business
- Flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of a growing business
Please apply below to submit your recent CV to be considered for this exciting part qualified opportunity.
- part qual
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job