Due to expansion our manufacturing client is looking for an Assistant Chemist (Chemical Specialist) at Degree level to assist with development projects within their manufacturing facility. On offer is an attractive salary and the chance to work for one of the region’s top employers.
- Formulation development & blending of polyols and isocyanates.
- Reduced raw material pricing.
- Improved flexibility/reduction in lead times to adopt changes due to product requirements or process variation requirements.
- Manage and improve the current specification of Polyol self-blending, evaluate catalysts and blowing agents and reduce cure time to increase productivity.
- Improve Hysteresis, Tear, Elongation, Flammability and VOC emissions.
- Work closely with manufacturing to find alternative release agents and formulations changes to meet any future OEM specifications (Zero emission formulation).
- Manage, with assistance manufacturing the specification development, purchase, installation and commissioning of new raw material blending equipment.
- Establish the process control system through the inputs (raw materials), process (self-blending equipment) and outputs (blended polyol in line with process requirements) by maintaining historical data and analysis.
- Ensure all substances have been reviewed and approved for use by the HSE team and ensure all required health and safety regimes are understood and implemented.
- Use supplier’s to solve blending issues using effective troubleshooting skills and implement solutions to refine process in most economical and efficient way.
- Develop self and the team’s knowledge of blending requirements.
- Manufacturing and Chemical Engineering.
- Developing and testing co-ordination.
- Analytical and determination of cause and effect skills.
- Excellent communication, organization, and coordination skills.
- Strong engineering knowledge with understanding chemistry.
- Able to work individually & as part of a team.
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Good problem solving and organisation skills.
- Comply with all relevant HSE legislation and local policies and procedures.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office.
- Testing for Hysteresis, Tear, Elongation, Flammability & VOC emissions.
- SPC analysis.
- Chemical / engineering background ideally degree qualified
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'