If you are an experienced Assistant Chef, capable of deputising on the Head Chef’s days off with a passion for crafting fresh gastropub cuisine, created using locally sourced ingredients then read on!
Cumbria, CA17 4LL
£20,000 - £25,000 dependent on experience + Live in Accommodation (if required)
40-45 hours per week (5 days, 2 guaranteed days off each week)
This is an opportunity for an experienced Assistant Chef to take on a rewarding food preparation role in this long established and privately owned 4-star country inn - nestled in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales National Park.
Financially sound to weather the current pandemic and with a diary full of bookings from May onwards, this country inn offers high quality bed and breakfast accommodation and good gastro pub / bar family dining.
Situated in an idyllic location, they have 40+ years of hospitality experience, an established team and an existing, loyal customer base.
About the job
- Work with the Head Chef to maintain high standards of food preparation and presentation.
- Carry out tasks assigned by the Head Chef.
- Must have appropriate experience to deputise for Head Chef on their days off.
- Prepare and cook a range of food from quick and simple snacks to fantastic, fresh signature specials and homemade desserts.
- Contribute to new menu ideas and menu development.
- Observe all Company Food Hygiene and Health & Safety policies.
- Help to maintain a clean and tidy kitchen environment at all times.
- Maintain good working relationships with all team members.
What we can offer you:
- A competitive £20,000 - £25,000 salary dependent on experience.
- A 5 days on / 2 days off weekly working pattern.
- Optional live-in accommodation in a beautiful location.
- Training and career progression opportunities.
- Opportunity to work under and learn from a highly skilled, professional Head Chef.
How to Apply for the Assistant Chef role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this Assistant Chef job, just click "apply" today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: Food preparation, Head chef, Sous Chef, Hospitality, Experienced Chef, Food Hygiene Qualification, Breakfast Chef, Pastry Chef, Live-in Chef, Commis Chef, Demi Chef, Second Chef, Cook, Kitchen Staff, Chef de Partie, Cumbia, Yorkshire Dales National Park, Chef Nature Reserve.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'