Our client a school in Billericay are seeking 2 Assistant Cooks.
The role is to assist with the delivering of high quality food and beverage service in the kitchen and dining room and other areas were food is prepared.
The role is for term time only for 25 hours per week. Days worked will be Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 11.45pm to 6.30pm and Wednesday 11.15pm to 6pm.
Main responsibilities will include:
• To provide assistance with the preparation, cooking and service of food and beverages to the required standard.
• Follow a menu plan agreed with the Catering Manager and the Head Cook for menu times on the shift the successful candidate is responsible for example Breakfast, lunch and tea
• Assist in the kitchen with preparation of main meals, salads and sandwiches when required • Operate kitchen machinery such as mixers, dishwashers as required
• Assist with the setting up of the service counter and the service of food
• Assist in the kitchen and dining room
• Wash crockery, cutlery and other equipment
• Assist in the monitoring and maintaining of records of daily fridge and freezer and food temperature in accordance with regulations.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• Knowledge of health and safety and good hygiene practice in the kitchen
• Experience of working in a busy kitchen, ideally within a school environment
• Ability to prioritise own work load
• Proactive approach with a great attitude
• Excellent organisational skills
Prophet Care Recruitment is an equal opportunities employment agency.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"