Assistant Chef - Weekends
Assistant Chef Role
30 hours – Friday – Sunday
At Caring Homes our passion is care and support. We offer residential, nursing and dementia care for older people at our high quality care homes across the UK.
Reporting to the Head Chef: To organise and control the efficient and economic production of quality food within the allowed budget, whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
But why join our team?
We couldn’t achieve what we do without our amazing teams. We believe in our people and want to ensure you feel appreciated and supported at every step of your journey with us. For this reason, we offer an excellent range of benefits as listed below.
- Great rates of pay– We regularly review regional and competitor pay rates to ensure we’re offering the best incentives to work with us
- One place of work– We operate residential/supported living services, meaning you’ll not need to worry about travelling from location to location.
- Flexible hours– enabling you to balance work and home life.
- Voluntary Benefits Package– offering amazing retail discounts at over 8,000 locations nationwide, enabling our staff to make savings of up to £1,500 per year
- Personalised career pathladders including support with your Care Certificate to ensure fulfilling career development
- Learning and Development programmewith full induction training including buddy system
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme– Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Online Health Portal– All colleagues have access to the online health portal which enables you to make the most of full access to an encyclopedia of health information
- Refer a Friend Scheme – get up to £150 for referring a carer and £500 for referring a nurse to us
- Prepare, cook and serve hot and cold meals, as and when required
- Ensure statutory Health and Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Care Centres Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures
- Promote safe working practice in the Care Centre
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you
- Food/Hygiene certificate and/or City and Guilds 706 – 1&2 or equivalent
- Ability to plan and prepare meals which are in keeping with special dietary requirements
- Ability to maintain high levels of hygiene within the workplace
- Experience of food preparation
- Ability to cater to various dietary requirements
Please apply now or call the recruitment line on<>
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'