We provide a range of environments for those who need extra support to live independently, from young people and those with disabilities, to the elderly in extra care schemes. Our strength lies in the quality of our people and we employ those who share our aims.
Assistant Chef – Part Time
Sidegate Lane Nursing Home, Ipswich
£8.00 per hour (rising to £8.42 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
15 hours per week, comprising of 2 x 7.5 hour shifts, working alternate weekends or weekends only if preferred
Why work for us?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services and floating support. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and people with mental health needs
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Chef to work alongside the Chef Manager, to prepare a varied set of quality menus for our residents at Sidegate Lane Nursing Home. You will be working opposite shifts to the Chef Manager and take responsibility for the kitchen supported by a Catering Assistant.
Sidegate Lane Nursing Home supports 24 people with mental health needs and/or dementia in a homely environment with personalised care and support.
To find out more about Sidegate Lane Nursing Home please click here
The role of Assistant Chef will include:
- Assisting with the planning and creation of nutritionally balanced meals for our residents
- Promoting and monitoring food hygiene and safety standards
- Carrying out risk assessments and cleaning the kitchen to a high standard
- Assisting with the supervision and development of staff
Skills and experiences:
- Level 2 Diploma in Catering and Hospitality or knowledge at an equivalent level
- Qualified or willing to study 706 City & Guilds
- Previous experience of working in a catering environment is required
- A valid Basic Food Hygiene Certificate or the willingness to work towards is essential
- Proven knowledge of health and safety procedures
- Friendly and approachable attitude with the ability to interact with our residents, visitors and colleagues
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to a maximum of 30 days after 5 years service (pro-rata)
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and wellbeing plans
- A variety of on line discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save on buying a new bike to cycle to work or on a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- Full time equivalent for this role is 37.5 hours
To view the Job Profile please click here
Closing Date: 20 February 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job