Assistant CDM / Construction Health & Safety Advisor
Assistant CDM / Construction Health & Safety Advisor – £25k-30k (DOE) + Benefits – Bracknell, Berkshire
We are looking for an Assistant CDM / Construction Health & Safety Advisor to provide support to the CDM/H&S Advisory Team, including the compilation and formatting of Health & Safety documents. We would envisage that the Assistant H&S Advisor will develop their career with the company over the next few years, and through relevant training, experience and industry courses, will eventually work towards having a senior position within the team.
You will be assisting the Principal Designer in managing projects, liaising between multiple teams and stakeholders, and in their general duties to plan, manage, monitor and co-ordinate Health & Safety in pre-construction phases of projects, including identifying, eliminating or controlling foreseeable risks and ensuring designers carry out their duties. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with a rapidly growing company.
The key responsibilities of an Assistant CDM / Construction Health & Safety Advisor include, but are not limited to:
- Providing CDM advice and support to Client Teams, advising them clearly of their CDM Duties and assisting with development of CDM strategy for projects
- Assisting with the development of Client Health & Safety systems and policies where appropriate
- Providing CDM and Health & Safety advice to projects, providing additional related services where opportunities identified
- Visiting project sites prior to construction to carry out initial risk appraisals and during construction to review arrangements as required
- Preparing, co-ordinating and distributing relevant Health & Safety Information to other design and project team members, using company format where required
- Providing advice and support to project teams during tender review periods as required
- Overseeing preparation and production of Health & Safety Files as projects progress
- Maintaining accurate and comprehensive electronic project records (including minutes) for all projects, following company protocol ensuring full audit trail is kept clear and up to date
- Any other duties as reasonably required by the Company
GHPC Group Ltd is a small but rapidly growing company, offering a number of different services to several FTSE 100 companies within the construction industry.
Some of the benefits of being an Assistant CDM / Construction Health & Safety Advisor are:
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Pension scheme + childcare voucher scheme + private company medical scheme
- An individual development programme aimed at personal and professional growth
The key skills and qualities of an Assistant CDM / Construction Health & Safety Advisor:
- At least 2 years’ experience working as a graduate/assistant CDM Advisor OR Site H&S Assistant (or other relevant H&S role) and a NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- An understanding of Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 is essential, as well as relevant construction Health & Safety Legislation
- Ambitious, enthusiastic, self-motivated individual able to work independently and unsupervised
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to develop and maintain relationships with a wide variety of personalities and professional bodies during projects
- Highly IT literate and competent, experienced user of general Microsoft Office, and a confident attitude towards the use of technology
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload with flexibility to multi-task, and excellent presentation, report writing and communication skills
A full clean UK driving licence and access to a car will be essential, for travel to site or meetings. If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'