Assistant Catering Manager - Successful Zoo & Charity
£20,767.50 per annum
Want to make a positive, lasting impact with a leading regional attraction? If so, this is an amazing opportunity to develop your career with an innovative organisation as an Assistant Catering Manager.
We are Living Coasts, an innovative coastal zoo and aquarium that lets you see the wonders of the world’s coasts right from the heart of Torquay.
While most people may know us for our amazing animals in naturalistic habitats, we are also a conservation and education charity. Part of the Whitley Wildlife Conservation Trust, we are dedicated to protecting our global wildlife heritage and inspiring a respect for animals, plants and the environment in others.
Now, we are looking for an Assistant Catering Manager to help ensure that a first-class experience is delivered to all guests.
The Benefits (after your probationary period):
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Free entry to our three zoos for you and your immediate family
- Discounts in our catering and retail outlets
- Company sick pay
- Childcare vouchers
- Branded uniform provided
- Develop your career with a leading charity
We know that starting any new role can be nerve-wracking, which is why we provide an in-depth induction and ongoing support to ensure that you succeed in your role.
You will have the chance to work alongside a passionate, friendly team, build on your existing expertise and play a vital part in the day-to-day running of our zoo.
As the Assistant Catering Manager, you will oversee the day-to-day management of Living Coasts’ catering operations.
In this exciting role, you will:
- Oversee a team of Chefs, Supervisors and Assistants
- Help to create a culture of service excellence within your team
- Ensure that high standards of service and a first-class guest experience are delivered
- Make sure that H&S and food legislation is adhered to
- Act as a key holder for all catering outlets
- Ensure that any POS items are in-line with branding guidelines
To be considered as an Assistant Catering Manager, you will need:
- Experience of running a busy food-led operation
- Hands-on experience, gained in both front-of-house and kitchen environments
- An NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent in Management or Customer Service
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative approach
Other organisations may call this role Assistant Hospitality Manager, Hospitality Supervisor, Catering Supervisor, Catering Team Leader, Front of House Supervisor, Assistant Front of House Manager or Assistant Kitchen Manager.
Webrecruit and Living Coasts are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you think you’ve got what it takes to be our Assistant Catering Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job