Assistant Category Manager Trade Marketing
Exciting opportunity for a full time Assistant Category Manager Trade Marketing. Based in Worcester with both national and occasional international travel, earning up to £26k per annum.
Spontex is an amalgamation of the words sponge and textile. The brand began when we designed the world’s very first cellulose sponge and from those humble beginnings we’ve gone from strength to strength! We’re delighted to say that here in the UK we’ve become the nation’s number 1 branded manufacturer of cleaning tools and gloves.
We’re proud to call ourselves the champion of less effort! We’ve dedicated the last 80 years to creating products that make housework less time consuming, easier to get done and whenever possible, a bit more fun! All of our cloths, scourers, gloves and mops are made with a Guaranteed Spontex Quality.
Due to our continuing success, we are now looking to expand our team by bringing on board an Assistant Category Manager within our Channel Marketing function.
Working closely with the Associate Manager Channel Marketing, the key focus will be to drive overall category growth for the business and key retail partners, through data driven argumentation. Specific responsibilities will include:-
- Using IRI data to assist Sales and Marketing in the development of strategies and tactics;
- Designing, developing and delivering consumer research projects;
- Undertaking regular market audits to identify trends and opportunities;
- Providing strategic category direction to the business and retail partners through a variety of data sources;
- Monitoring channel shifting and associated trends reflected in the marketplace;
- Providing category insight across UK Grocery, Discount, DIY and Online channels;
- Collecting data intelligence to develop channel profile;
- Deploying commercial plans by customer and channel in alignment with strategy
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the sales plan by channel;
- Working closely with the sales team to prepare for line reviews as needed;
- Collecting and reporting business data (market, shopper and end user) to internal and external stakeholders;
- Providing assistance to the Brand Activation team when required;
As this is a Category Management/Trade Marketing position, we would be looking for the following attributes:-
- Demonstrable experience of working within an FMCG environment, ideally with exposure to the Top 4 UK grocery retailers;
- Experience of the UK DIY and Discount channels would be advantageous, but not essential;
- Working knowledge of IRI/Nielsen data is essential;
- Experience of Kantar/Dunnhumby/Spaceman or other planogram software would be desirable;
- Strong analytical skill-set, coupled with significant experience at extracting, manipulating, analysing and presenting data based argumentation, both internally and to the trade;
- A proven track record of using Category focussed argumentation to deliver actionable insight, resulting in category/sales growth;
- Ability to be both flexible and adaptable to work in and across a number of small teams within the organisation;
- Ability to both prepare and deliver presentations confidently;
- Willingness to travel nationally within the UK and occasionally overseas;
The Spontex Benefits:
- Salary of up to £26k per annum, dependent on experience;
- Generous annual leave of 25 days + Bank Holidays;
- Enhanced Company Contributory Pension Scheme;
- Sports & Social Events throughout the year;
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"