£45,000 + Progression + Excellent Benefits
25 days holiday (not including Bank Holiday)
On Site Parking
Office based preferred with flexibility
Normal Working Hours - Monday - Friday 09.00 - 17.00
Our client, an international based manufacturing and distribution organisation based in Basildon are currently recruiting for enthusiastic, driven and hardworking individual to join a growing Purchasing Department.
The primary role of this position is to support the Buyer & Executive Director on all work related to the buying and selling of toys and gift / souvenir products. It will involve travel, product development and communication with suppliers, customers and in-house sales & design teams.
- Day to day communication with suppliers
- Negotiating costs, setting pricing to meet margin requirements
- Working within budget
- Raising purchase orders
- Arranging and approving samples
- Managing production and delivery schedules.
- Sourcing new items in multiple categories to offer our existing customer base
- Working directly with sales team on key accounts to increase existing business by providing new product offers and solutions.
- Attending customer meetings to better understand customer requirements and help procure new business.
- Working with in-house design team to develop new offers and presentations.
- Overseas travel to visit suppliers and trade shows
- UK travel to attend trade shows and meet customers
- Some previous purchasing / buying experience preferred
- Candidates from a manufacturing / distribution background will be considered automatically
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Enthusiasm for the product
- Keen eye for design and current trends
- A high level of numeracy and attention to detail with strong analytical skills
- High attention to detail & concentration levels
- Well organised and thorough with good time management
- A conscientious and reliable individual with a high energy level
- The ability to use initiative and act without guidance
- A competitive nature and hunger to succeed
The role is wide and varied and requires a dedicated and ambitious individual who is a quick learner with excellent all-round skills and a robust, determined personality. It’s a challenging role which represents an excellent opportunity for someone looking to pursue a career in purchasing.
Buyer, Purchasing, Procurement
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'