My client, a growing supplier of healthcare products is seeking an Assistant Buyer. Reporting to the head of purchasing and working in a fast-paced team.
What we are looking for:
- Working within the Purchasing Dept to secure supplies of material to meet the company's manufacturing schedule.
- Develop purchasing processes to maintain material supplies in line with the manufacturing schedule and test requirements.
- Contact suppliers for quotations, securing material in the market and raise purchase orders using the company's MRP system.
- Manage the Artwork approval process with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Manage the Design changes through the supply chain, within the MHRA guidelines, but mitigating costs where possible.
- To continually seek to improve existing work practices to support a more efficient business
- Build sustainable relationships with suppliers and internal customers.
- Follow up outstanding Purchase Orders and expedite where necessary.
- Identify and report on potential supply delays, looking at mitigation to the manufacturing plan.
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment desirable.
- Some purchasing and buying experience are essential
- Effective communication skills with the ability to constructively challenge.
- Confident use of Microsoft Office.
- Experience of MRP system desirable.
- Teamwork and cross functional interpersonal skills
What is on offer:
- 33 days holiday
- Monday to Friday 8.00 am - 4.30 pm
- Free parking
- Career progression
- Pension scheme
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'