This is a temp to perm opportunity.
As a result of expansion plans and continued ongoing success my client is seeking a dynamic Assistant Buyer.
As an Assistant Buyer you will work closely with the Buyer to enhance their offering to their customers. Developing relationships with new and existing Suppliers whilst ensuring maximum value and efficiency for the business.
- Assist the Buyer with proactive continuous product sourcing
- Responsible for negotiation of terms and conditions with assigned Suppliers
- Manage and maintain daily correspondence of assigned Suppliers
- Achieve margin and product sell through targets
- Maintain and develop excellent supplier relationships
- Ensure right mix of product and maintain awareness of competitors position and market share
- Assist the Buyer in all aspects of the buying process through -
- Attending buying meetings with the Buyer
- UK & foreign travel where necessary
- Forecasting of stock & placing of orders
- Attending ad-hoc buying appointments in the Buyers’ absence to gather product information for review.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Previous experience in a retail environment
- Proven commercial experience of trading in a fast paced and reactive environment
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Strong analytical excel skills
- Excellent communication skills both written & verbal.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly improve their offering.
- Understanding of retail industry trends and how to incorporate them.
For more information, please contact Claire Summers at the Plymouth Reed office.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'