Our client is a leading supplier of plant material to the British Landscaping Industry, producing an extensive range of plants which is supplemented from key suppliers to ensure they can supply a one stop shop for their clients. The company has ambitious expansion and diversification plans, which makes this an exciting time to join the business. They are currently seeking applicants that have the skills and horticultural knowledge to support the Purchasing Manager to drive the business forward and to take on a good level of responsibility.
- To build and maintain good relationships with existing and new suppliers
- Continually update the knowledge base of the Purchasing, Sales & Marketing teams regarding current range of items and scope for future growth
- Develop and maintain catalogues of information regarding suppliers’ range and prices
- Source new suppliers and build relationships for supply of new and exciting items
- Assist with supplier selection based on price, quality, capacity and reliability
- To ensure the quality and specification of all items purchased meet the agreed standards
- Assist in the administration process for adding new lines
- Support with purchasing, negotiation and tendering process in other areas of the business as required.
The appointed person will possess good horticultural knowledge, strong numeracy and analytical skills, excellent negotiation skills and be highly organised with the ability to prioritize and allocate time effectively.
This position is office based with supplier visits as required to the UK and Europe, working Monday to Friday 8.00 - 5.00 with additional hours as necessary during peak trading times.
If this Assistant Buyer vacancy is of interest, please apply or contact Ruth Bolam.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in this Assistant Buyer vacancy. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not possible to respond to every one. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 14 days, your application for this Assistant Buyer vacancy will have been unsuccessful.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'