A hugely successful international Marketing Services organisation is recruiting for an Assistant Buyer, to join their growing team, based in Leeds. Please find the details below:
Main purpose of the role
Working within the purchasing function the role is to facilitate the demands created internally, liaising closely with suppliers, negotiating on cost and lead-time to maximise commercial opportunities.
- Identifying the appropriate suppliers from the approved supply base for the outsource manufacture of products that cannot be manufactured internally not limited to but includes items such as envelopes, folders and promotional products.
- Provide pricing and availability information to the client services and or estimating team.
- Process material (mainly paper) and outsource requirements and convert to purchase orders.
- To manage delivery of outsourced products or stock in line with production requirements.
- Use and maintain the stock and purchase order system.
- To control and re-order agreed stock lines within pre-determined framework.
- Measuring performance through an effective process to check the quantity, quality and integrity of the work being processed.
- To manage any supplier quality complaints.
- Experience in negotiating with suppliers in order to get the best price for the business.
- Strong communication skills, to help build relationships with suppliers.
- Experience in a buying role, ideally within the manufacturing industry.
- Excellent problem solving ability, with strong commercial awareness.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'