We are a Sunday Times Top Track 100 company and one of the UK 's fastest growing privately owned companies.
The Range has grown enormously since its inception in 1989, and now has over 150 stores nationwide. People are at the heart of our retail concept, and we want to invest in our staff and make the future extraordinary.
As a result of our expansion plans and our continued ongoing success we are seeking a dynamic Assistant Buyer for the DIY Department, to be based at our Head Office in Plymouth.
As an Assistant Buyer you will work closely with the Buyer to enhance The Range’s offering to our customers. Developing relationships with new and existing Suppliers whilst ensuring maximum value and efficiency for the business.
- Assist the Buyer with proactive continuous product sourcing
- Responsible for negotiation of terms and conditions with assigned Suppliers
- Manage and maintain daily correspondence of assigned Suppliers
- Achieve margin and product sell through targets
- Maintain and develop excellent supplier relationships
- Ensure right mix of product and maintain awareness of competitors position and market share
- Assist the Buyer in all aspects of the buying process through -
- Attending buying appointments with the Buyer
- UK & foreign travel where necessary
- Placing of orders
- Attending ad-hoc buying appointments in the Buyers’ absence to gather product information for review.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Graduate or equivalent
- Previous buying experience in a retail environment
- Proven commercial experience of trading in a fast paced and reactive environment
- Good judgment and decision making skills
- Numerate with strong analytical and computer skills
- Ability to commit to foreign travel as required
- Discreet, professional and with excellent communication skills
- Keen eye for details
- Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly improve The Range offering.
Salary depending on experience
- Communication Skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'