We are a Sunday Times Top Track 100 company and one of the UK 's fastest growing privately owned companies.
The Range has grown enormously since its inception in 1989, and now has over 150 stores nationwide. People are at the heart of our retail concept, and we want to invest in our staff and make the future extraordinary.
As a result of our expansion plans and our continued ongoing success we are seeking a dynamic Assistant Buyer, to be based at our Head Office in Plymouth.
As an Assistant Buyer, you will work closely with the Buyer to enhance The Range’s offering to its customers. Developing relationships with new and existing Suppliers whilst ensuring maximum value and efficiency for the business.
- Assist the Buyer with proactive continuous product sourcing
- Responsible for negotiation of terms and conditions with assigned Suppliers
- Manage and maintain daily correspondence of assigned Suppliers
- Achieve margin and product sell thru targets
- Maintain and develop excellent supplier relationships
- Ensure right mix of product and maintain awareness of competitor’s position and market share
- Assist the Buyer in all aspects of the buying process through
- Attending buying appointments with the Buyer
- UK travel where necessary
- Placing of orders
- Attending ad-hoc buying appointments in the Buyers’ absence to gather product information for review.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Graduate or equivalent
- Proven organisation skills and multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Confidence to make decisions and must have an appetite for problem solving and seeking greater working efficiencies.
- Strong analytical ability when reviewing sales data which must consist of computer skills especially excel.
- Excellent communication skills to internal & external partners.
- Keen eye for detail- documents checking & product specifications.
Pro-active and able to show initiative/able to thrive under pressure.
- Communication Skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job