About New Look:
At New Look we all stand by our brand values; keep it simple, be brave, think customer, act with pace and take responsibility- That’s the New Look way!
In 1969 New Look contributed to fast fashion and things are about to get even faster. We’re a team united with a clear purpose – to be the most loved and trusted high street retailer and bring some much needed fun back to the high street.
Every person makes New Look the incredible place it is to work, and together, we’re unstoppable. Within our buzzing environment all our talented people work hard but we ensure some fun is thrown in too!
Fashion is personal and we want everyone to celebrate self-expression, helping our customers to look good, feel great and express themselves with fashion.
At New Look we spend our days working to improve the way we do business , our only rule is that there are no rules and we want people who can make a difference, think big, think brave and aren’t afraid to make mistakes.
Does that sound like you?
About the Role:
We are currently looking for an Assistant Buyer to join our 915 department.
The purpose of this role is to offer full support to the Buyer in developing a product offer that meets customer requirements and maximises sales and profit opportunities. This is a great opportunity to develop as an Assistant Buyer and will require you to manage BAAs and also an opportunity to buy a product range with support from the team. As an Assistant Buyer you will be responsible for ensuring the critical buying path is achieved and that order management and sampling processes run to schedule.
What will I be doing?
• Sound understanding of the Business Strategy and how that impacts your Department
• Applying knowledge of the current competitive market place and trends, and inputting into the direction of the department
• Solid understanding of the Department’s current Customer insights, Market Share and opportunities
• Working in conjunction with Marketing and Ecommerce, supporting with Windows and Photo Shoots
• Assisting in Department Strategy Planning preparation
• Assist the Product Development process from Design brief to launch, liaising with Design, Marketing and other relevant departments
• Negotiating the best cost price to achieve departmental margin targets
• Understanding product trends and interpreting them where relevant into product areas
• Ensuring input to the Assortment Planning tool and other data / system management, in a timely manner
• Understanding the appropriate sourcing route and Supplier for Product
• Monitoring Critical Path on Commitment to insure intake and distribution targets are met
• Attending Fit sessions in the Buyers absence give styling Comments
• Managing Supplier relationships and KPI’s, including monitoring sampling requirements in line with projected levels of business
• Negotiating and liaising with Suppliers
• Understanding of reports and actions that may need to be taken on Trade
• Managing the critical path, making adaptations (where required) to react to market changes and challenges
• Sharing of information where possible on Product, Suppliers, Best /Worst Sellers within the business area
• Monitor, maintain and action competitor analysis (comparative shopping)
• Supporting with the development of fellow colleagues, delivering relevant training and support where required
• Collaboratively working with Merchandising, Design and Technical colleagues
• Acting as a positive role model for the Team and peers
What skills do I need for the role?
• Previous experience as a Buying Admin Assistant / Assistant Buyer within a major retailer
• Fashion Qualification / Other degree desirable
• Customer knowledge and a strong fashion eye
• Good interpersonal / communication skills
• Ability to support, train and develop the Buying Admin Assistant
• Ability to initiate, build and maintain relationships with Design, Merchandising, QA and Suppliers
• The capability to perform under pressure and work in a fast paced environment
• Solid presentation skills
• Risk assessment and SWOT analysis skills
• Numerical and analytical skills
• Communicate effectively with all internal and external teams
• PC literate - Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook
• A good understanding of fashion trends and knowledge of the high street
• Sound knowledge of the elements that make up the cost of a product
• Understanding of supply chain issues / cost – (e.g. product lead times/ flexibility/ supplier capability)Ability to develop and build a small product range
Why New Look?
At New Look we take pride in career progression, offering internal promotions to candidates who are ready to step up the career ladder. We also offer everything from bonus schemes to season ticket loans that will make life a little bit easier for you - including a huge staff discount of 40%, holiday days and access to our New Look Rewards which include some amazing discounts across a number of different businesses.
Come join us and see it for yourself. You have to experience it to truly believe it.
Just one more thing:
We know that job descriptions do not always let your unique work history show- if you do not meet all of our requirements but you still think you’d be a great fit for this role… apply anyway!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job