We are looking for an experienced Buyer to join a small but growing Purchasing Team based in Leicester.
This is an ideal opportunity for an individual who is looking to develop their skills and experience, and to support the professional procurement service.
The role includes sourcing and buying of product, management of suppliers and contributing towards the departments KPI’s.
Responsibilities will include:
- Purchase materials whilst striving for the best total cost solution for the business
- Continue developing the global sourcing program, expanding the Eastern European and Chinese sourcing program to support UK manufacturing facilities
- Control and negotiate indirect spend
- Support all departments on revenue, capital and expenditure, whilst ensuring all costing enquiries are returned in line with business requirements
- Provide purchasing support to ensure that customer quotes are prepared in a timely manner
- Continually review opportunity for cost savings on direct purchases and indirect suppliers
- Support the development of tailored procurement plans for projects, identifying viability, internal and external bottlenecks to enable mitigations / solutions to be identified for management decision
- Manage supplier QCD performance in line with company protocol
- Supplier Relationship Management - manage small to medium sized supplier relationships to ensure benefits from supplier knowledge, ideas and innovations
- Direct and Indirect Materials Management
- Ensure MRP systems are set accurately and at optimum levels
- Studying towards MCIPS
- Previous buying experience within a manufacturing environment
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel / Outlook
- Experience using ERP systems
- Good understanding of Total Cost
- Degree (or equivalent) in a related business / engineering position would be an advantage
- Understanding of engineering drawings would also be an advantage
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job