Job title: Assistant Buyer
Location: Plymouth, South Devon
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000
About the role:
Fantastic opportunity to work for one of retail biggest success stories in recent years. Incredible career opportunity with clear defined paths of progression.
Formulate and implement the Buying strategy for the area of responsibility through planning and trading activities, in order to drive profitable growth. Direct the product development cycle to ensure availability is maximized.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Agree on Seasonal Strategy together with the senior team and director and implement same, working with the departments to produce product strategies which satisfy the overall company objective.
- Work with the Buyer to establish key financial parameters by the department and agree with Management Team.
- Work closely with Design to set overall design direction and requirements in order to create and develop seasonal ranges which deliver the overall product strategy.
- Together with the Management team establish a sourcing strategy which sets out mid and long-term plans for the global supply base and through the teams, implements same.
- Investigate alternative sourcing routes to improve costs, lead times, and processes.
- Work closely with the Design, Buying and Merchandising teams to develop and select a balanced and commercial range which delivers the product strategy, and successfully sign off with Management team.
- Plan seasonal pricing and promotional policy together with Merchandiser in line with strategy and feed into the company business calendar.
- Oversee the placement of orders ensuring all KPI’s and delivery targets are met.
- With Design, oversee the outfitting for photo shoots, VM guidelines, and windows, so they reflect the range objectives whilst maintaining Brand integrity.
- Direct the critical path process to ensure all product remains on brand through the approval process and that launch availability is maximized.
- Through weekly trading reviews and proposals, ensure that in season activity maximizes profitability, whilst maintaining effective controls of OTB and commitment.
- Work closely with the DC, Merchandising, Ecom & Suppliers to ensure overall efficient movements of stock through the supply chain to market.
- Effectively communicate across the business in order to meet department objectives.
- Maintain & develop excellent supplier relations
- Use of Qlickview & Excel.
- Some experience of Buying or Merchandising would be desirable.
- Excellent brand and market awareness.
- Passionate about products
- Comprehensive understanding of customer profile, product range & competitors.
- Strong negotiation skills to achieve targets.
- Highly numerical - able to interpret data to determine decision making, work to budgets and financial plans.
- Strong communication and influencing skills at all levels.
- Strong presentation skills to all levels.
- Strong planning & organization skills, able to change plans in line with business needs.
- Proven experience of managing opportunities and risks to drive profit.
At Venture, our ambition is simple - to introduce the very best candidates to great businesses. Specialising in Retail, Hospitality, Sales and Head Office recruitment, we’ve built our reputation through outstanding account management and a flexible approach.
With over 20 years developing a network of trusted contacts - we provide solutions nationwide for high volume requirements and executive search assignments.
Whether you’re in Retail Management, Head office, Restaurant Management, Regional Management or from a Sales environment - whether you are a client, a candidate or a potential new employee we’d love to hear from you.
Your Journey. Your Future. Our Passion.
Keywords: Buying, strategy, seasonal, merchandising, customer focussed
- Retail Sales
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job