Working with a leader in their sector I am supporting a retail client looking for someone to join their purchasing team.
• Assist the Buyer in delivering the budgeted sales and margin targets for the category
• Assist the Buyer in creation and maintenance of the range plans
• Demonstrate a clear and thorough understanding of the customer proposition and market place and seek to improve categories role and contribution.
• Understand Cost of Goods and net profitability of the category and seek to identify proactive ways of enhancing net contribution.
• Work with the Buyer in developing supplier relationships
• Assist the Buyer in producing presentations
• Prepare information for product ranges/selection meetings, gather customer, supplier and competitor information, request product samples or information, competitive shopping reports and prepare product direction boards.
• Ensure all shows are communicated with a clear strategy. All new strands to be presented with clear rationale.
• Provide product information and analysis as requested by the Buyer.
• Assist the Buyer in the development, management and motivation of the Buying Assistant.
• Pro actively liaise with merchandising to ensure the delivery of stock and sales targets.
• Responsible for all post-selection administration and follow-up including file maintenance.
• Administrative and clerical responsibilities associated with resolving queries from internal and external customers of the department.
• Update systems to ensure that product range information is keyed on time and accuracy is maintained.
• Work with Merchandising to ensure stock levels are in line with budget
You will ideally be;
• Graduate Calibre
• Highly numerate with strong analytical skills.
• Enquiring and logical to deliver practical solutions.
• Strong attention to detail.
• High PC Literacy.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
If you are looking for your next role and can commute into Cambridgeshire daily this role could be for you.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job