Zachary Daniels are partnering with a multi-channel retailer based out off Greater Manchester to bring in Assistant Buyers as they look to bing in candidates who are looking to progress their buying career This retailer has over 220 stores nationwide across multiple departments including fashion, beauty, home & more.
As an Assistant Buyer you will provide full support to the Buyers and Buying Managers on a range of key buying related tasks, helping to develop the best possible ranges and ensuring excellent customer service.
- Manage the system set up of suppliers & products.
- Prepare reports for the Buyer to identify growing trends and sales performance.
- Complete regular competitor and market reviews.
- To manage & co-ordinate all samples within the critical path.
- In collaboration with the Buyer, be accountable for the development of both current and new supplier relationships.
- Manage the supplier relationship on a day-to-day basis, ensuring information flows effectively between both parties.
- Ensure excellent customer service at all times, providing a quality and timely response to queries and effective resolutions.
- Play an integral part and share in the success of the team, proactively contributing ideas and solving any potential problems.
- Work closely with key stakeholders
We are ideally looking for the following skills and experience: -
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally in a fast-paced buying environment -
- Experience working within a Commercial function
- Able to work well as part of a team as well use own initiative -
- Well organized with excellent time management skills -
- Accuracy and great attention to detail -
- Ability to analyse data and make recommendations -
- Excellent IT skills, proficient in MS Office -
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills -
- Ambition to grow and develop your skills within buying
- With a "can-do" attitude, you will need to be flexible in your approach, supporting across the Buying team as required.
There are development opportunities for Assistant Buyers to take on additional range responsibility, depending on business needs. This will come with additional responsibility for KPI's, commercial performance and financial budgets including margin.
This is an exceptional position which offers a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday , contributory pension scheme, staff discounts and a great team to work with.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job