Our client, a leading and well established business located close to Selby are currently looking for a Assistant Buyer to assist the MD of the business. This role would be working within a distributors who provide quality country goods.
The Assistant Buyer is an integral part of the business and requires an analytical, logical and problem solving approach.
You will be passionate about the products and thrive from a fast-paced environment.
Working closely alongside a supportive and knowledgeable management team, you will be assisting with the trading of the store, maximising profit and looking at opportunities to influence margins.
This is a Full-Time position (40 hours per week) working 5 days out of 7 on a rota basis. The successful candidate will need to live within a daily commute. Occasional UK travel will also be required so you must be a driver with your own car.
Interviews are taking place week commencing 26th March 2018 therefore if you have the relevant skills and attributes for this role, please apply today!
• Generate purchase orders based on replenishment levels and branch sales activity
• Provide assistance in the buying of new ranges through supplier visits, road shows and trade shows
• Take accountability for seasonal sales analysis and effectively report back on findings
• Responsibility for ensuring all stock amendments are communicated to internal and external teams
• Influence and negotiate bulk buying costs with suppliers
• Ensure the company’s relationships with suppliers are successfully managed and developed
• Use initiative to look for ways to support the store manager and web team to perform their roles i.e. promotional activities
• Liaise with accounting team to ensure new lines/collections are purchased within agreed budgets
• Constantly monitoring and reviewing store and web performance in order to increase profit
• Minimum of 2 years’ working experience in a junior buyer/merchandiser or assistant role is essential
• Retail experience and/or knowledge in the equestrian & country sector would be highly desirable
• Strong commercial acumen and a proactive, go-getter attitude
• Highly numerate and analytical with an emphasis on accuracy
• Desire to develop a long-term career within Buying
• The ability to prioritise effectively and work both as a team and independently
• Excellent communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders
• Strong organisational and administrative, and computer skills to include proficiency in the following: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet Explorer, Outlook,
• Full flexibility to work on a rotating shift roster (5 out of 7 days) including weekends and bank holidays
• Occasional travel to trade and supplier shows is required
In return for your commitment to this role you will be working for an employer who provides staff with:
• Free onsite parking
• Competitive basic salary
• Staff discount
• Supportive and friendly team
• Opportunities to attend horse and trade shows
To apply or discuss this role in further detail please contact Amy Cowley at REED - 01904 688760
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job