My client have a brilliant new opportunity for an Assistant Buyer to join their team in the Chester/ Wirral area. My client specialise in building new family homes across the North West area. You will be based in their main office and your role will be to assist with the buying functions for a variety of projects.
The successful Assistant Buyer will be responsible for purchasing all materials to the company's business requirements by collating and analysing requirements and supplier information. You will also be responsible for placing orders with suitable suppliers for specified materials ensuring goods are delivered on the required date and purchased at the most competitive rates and within budget.
- Send out enquiries for appropriate materials, collate and analyse quotations.
- Chase deliveries from suppliers that are overdue or urgent
- In liaison with Buying Manager, inform other departments of all relevant information regarding changes in materials, major price movements, delivery lead times and individual supply situations.
- Market Research for optimum and competitive price and availability
- Ensure orders are fully described, detailed and complete
- Chasing sites to approve orders and answer queries.
- Promote and utilise the group deals wherever possible to maximise rebate potential.
- Assist the Buying Manager where required.
- Process verified invoices when required.
- Place orders with suitable suppliers for specified materials ensuring goods are delivered on the required date and purchased at the most competitive rates and within budget.
- Call offs, approval of invoices/delivery notes
- Receive and action requisitions within a time efficient manner.Bottom of Form
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in construction materials buying is essential
- Able to build and maintain credible relationships with colleagues and clients
- Confident, comfortable and persuasive when negotiating
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Power point
- Articulate with an aptitude for figures
- Methodical with a keen eye for detail
- Willing to make decisions and take responsibility
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record within the house building industry or construction and it is essential that you are a confident communicator, proficient with Microsoft packages, with ideally experience in a similar role/environment.
To apply please email your CV to or contact me on
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job