I am currently looking for an experienced Assistant Buyer
* Assist the Buyer in delivering the budgeted sales and margin targets for the category
* Assist the Buyer in creation and maintenance of the range plans
* Demonstrate a clear and thorough understanding of the customer proposition and market place and seek to improve categories role and contribution.
* Understand Cost of Goods and net profitability of the category and seek to identify proactive ways of enhancing net contribution.
* Work with the Buyer in developing supplier relationships
* Assist the Buyer in producing CAM presentations
* Prepare information for product ranges/selection meetings, gather customer, supplier and competitor information, request product samples or information, competitive shopping reports and prepare product direction boards.
* Ensure all shows are communicated with a clear strategy. All new show strands to be presented with clear rationale.
* Provide product information and analysis as requested by the Buyer.
* Assist the Buyer in the development, management and motivation of the Buying Assistant.
* Pro actively liaise with merchandising to ensure the delivery of stock and sales targets.
* Responsible for all post-selection administration and follow-up including file maintenance.
* Administrative and clerical responsibilities associated with resolving queries from internal and external customers of the department.
* Update systems to ensure that product range information is keyed on time and accuracy is maintained.
* Work with Merchandising to ensure stock levels are in line with budget
* Graduate Calibre
* Highly numerate with strong analytical skills.
* Enquiring and logical to deliver practical solutions.
* Strong attention to detail.
* High PC Literacy.
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
* Plan, prioritise and focus on the issues.
* Challenge the status quo.
* High level of Buying inventory process knowledge.
* Self starter and able to work to exacting project deadlines.
* Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
* Visible, persuasive and receptive.
* Works well under pressure
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job