At Exertis, we thrive in a company culture that is driven to deliver more for customers. Our employees are committed, proactive and motivated. This dynamic environment contributes to a thriving growth-focused culture throughout Exertis, providing many career opportunities that span sales, commercial and corporate activities
Exertis UK Ltd is one of the leading distributors of IT, communication and home entertainment products in the UK and a wholly owned subsidiary of parent company DCC PLC, who are listed on the FTSE 250.
After 34 years of profitability Exertis UK Ltd continues to outperform the market, doubling its business in the last 2 years and achieving revenues of £2 Billion in FY2014. This includes the combined make up the Exertis group of companies.
Exertis UK Ltd represents over 180 manufacturers in the UK alone spanning more than 38,000 products across mobile, computing and accessories, consumer electronics, gaming, print, networking, servers and solutions, unified communications and AV solutions. World class partner brands include Acer, Asus, Dell, Samsung, Sony, Lenovo, Net gear, Toshiba, Western Digital and Microsoft.
Exertis UK Ltd.'s market-leading approach teamed with a state-of-the-art Distribution Centre, next day delivery and a host of managed services, including end-user fulfilment, assures the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction at all times.
Exertis UK Ltd.'s main sites are in Altham, Basingstoke, Raunds and Harlow (Consumer Electronics), Stoke (Mobile), Elland (Consumables) and Dublin.
To ensure that Exertis UK Ltd has sufficient stock levels to supply customers. By means of ordering and booking in stock from all relevant suppliers whilst operating within defined stock and aged targets. Improve delivery date accuracy to drive increased customer service levels. Build strong supplier relationships.
As an Assistant Buyer you will:
- Complete actions delegated from the Buyers
- Raise, get approved and send purchase orders to suppliers, whilst adhering to all relevant procedures
- Maintain and update accurate due dates for delivery of product.
- Issue booking in slots.
- Resolve all warehouse delivery dispute notices
- Work with sales to ensure customer required dates are achieved, especially for back to back or retail forecasts
- Complete weekly stock reports for suppliers using relevant formats and procedures
- Where required place orders and maintain stock levels for selected vendors in line with company stock and aged targetsPerformance Measures
- GP Performance
- Stock and aged targets
- Delivery Date Accuracy
- Fill Rate Accuracy
- Accuracy level of "Confirmed Status"
- Average Delivery Date >99% Prior todays date
Person Specification (skills, knowledge and experience required)
- Minimum 1 years' experience of working in a Purchasing Department or an administrative role involving high levels of numeracy.
Skills & Aptitude:
- Excellent Communication skills
- Planning & Organisation
- Flexibility, adaptability & Initiative
- Confidence & Determination
- Performance maximisation
- Good administrative skills
- Demonstrate strong awareness of and commitment to Ethics and Compliance and the Group Business Conduct Guidelines.
- Highly numerate / literate
- IT Skills consisting of Microsoft Word, Excel
- General Secondary Education
- assistant buyer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job