An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Buyer to join this fashion company who operate across the UK & Internationally. The Assistant Buyer will report into a Buyer and assist the Buyer in all areas of buying a commercially successful product range.
Assistant Buyer - Responsibilities
- Support the Buyer in all areas of product range development
- Develop wide ranging understanding of all product ranges - their make up, price architecture and customer appeal
- Develop market and competitor understanding - including bench marking, range opportunities etc...
- Building supplier relationships - constant contact with suppliers over pricing, photo samples, production samples.
- Predicting future trends, seasonal best sellers and core lines.
- Contributing in selection meetings on future trends and competitor ranges.
- Raising purchase orders and product requests
- Adding input into ranges and assisting with cost price negotiation, ordering of samples approvals and press.
- Developing small ranges independently and presenting to buyer also covering costings and sending orders
- Weekly/seasonal sales analysis working with the merchandising team to gain insight into lessons learnt and how to trade a department
- Working cross functionally with key internal and external departments
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join a successful buying team as an Assistant Buyer. The ideal candidate will have a fashion degree and experience at Buying Assistant or Assistant Buyer level, within the buying department of a retail head office. Applications will be considered from those who are keen to build a career in buying. Excellent PC skills, including Word and Excel are essential.
The successful Assistant Buyer will be analytical and organised, able to work at pace and handle multiple projects possessing strong literacy and numerical skills. This Assistant Buyer position is an excellent opportunity to work for a forward thinking organisation.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job