Location - South Manchester
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000
Are you interested in the Health & Beauty or Gifting Sector? Do you have Buying experience? Within Far East sourcing or FMCG?
If so we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Assistant Buyer to join a rapidly expanding, entrepreneurial organisation based in South Manchester..
As Assistant Buyer you will support the Senior Buyer with all aspects of the purchasing process. Continue to grow existing relationships and look to continually source a wider supplier base. Assist in the new development of a product right through to the final production, this includes; sample development, component sourcing, technical testing, artwork implication and purchase order processing.
- Assist with all administrative functions to support the Senior Buyer and wider team.
- Build effective relationships with suppliers through a high level of interaction.
- Liaise with factories on a daily basis, answering all queries on behalf of the company.
- Attend and represent the business at trade shows both in the UK and overseas.
- Complete special projects and associated duties as assigned.
- Arrange and Attend supplier meetings - arrange follow up minute
- Assist with researching all aspects of the Health and Beauty market in order to evaluate market trends and produce ideas for new products and ranges.
- Liaise with the design team and other members of the buying team during development stages of new products.
- Assist in producing detailed design briefs and mood boards for chosen ideas.
- Set up product files creating product and artwork briefs for each new product and enter necessary information onto the company in-house intranet system ensuring set up is checked and correct prior to sending to suppliers for costing.
- Clearly brief factories on new development/ project ideas using intranet and range plans.
- Arrange chase and co-ordinate factory samples from initial to production and manage sample library accordingly.
- Co-ordinate delivery of all required components and packaging samples from each factory that make up the salesperson samples.
- Assist in managing the approval process for components and packaging providing feedback to suppliers on initial, pre-production and production samples.
- Liaise with all suppliers to obtain updated production/delivery schedules and record accordingly, updating team with any issues.
The successfully candidate will need to have previous experience working as an Assistant Buyer - Preferably with experience in beauty or within a retail environment. You will have excellent analytical and communication skills. You will be a strong negotiator and be able to build long lasting business relationships.
In return you will be offered a competitive salary plus benefits and desirable working hours.
Apply online or for further information please contact one of our specialist consultants quoting reference number: NJR7383
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job