Responsible for the ordering, receiving and shipping process of products
Using relevant reports, relationships, supplier and product knowledge, will constantly seek to improve margin, limit inventory liability and optimise the backlog in order to maximise the on time delivery performance to end customers.
- Negotiating with suppliers to secure best possible prices.
- Supply chain - sourcing through to delivery.
- Forecasting / planning to maintain stock levels.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of the Daily Stock Replenishment Report.
- Responsible for assisting in addressing supplier problems with new Purchase Orders, and providing information to sales where resolution is not possible
- Active involvement in minimising the Excess Inventory levels.
- Holds responsibility for identifying pricing changes of new supplier cost books
- Consistent review and purchase of Stock products.
- Any additional projects or duties as management may at times require.
This role requires a confident individual with excellent communication and negotiation skills, as well as strong IT skills.
Please note if you have not been contacted by Plum Personnel within seven days then unfortunately on this occasion you have been unsuccessful. Due to the high level of applications we are receiving at this time, we are unfortunately unable to give individual feedbacks. Plum Personnel is acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. Plum Personnel is an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job