My client is looking to recruit an Assistant Buyer (Softlines) for their ever growing team.
The role of Assistant Buyer will be to support the category Buying team in a range of administration and practical tasks and to assist them in ensuring the availability of a range of products, product samples and presentation materials which will facilitate the sales team in maximising category sales.
- To input and maintain data for line lists by franchise on a daily basis chasing factories for information to complete line list data as necessary
- To work closely with the softlines product technologist to establish clear specification information stating all fabric compositions/weights and performance standards for all new products and input onto a standard template
- To issue specification data to suppliers requesting quotes as directed
- To continually assess the product ranges of key competitors/customers and maintain the departmental benchmarking document for core ranges in addition to presenting to the team new directions as appropriate
- To ensure up to date samples or quality mock up boards are provided for Showroom display of current products within the category
- To ensure the availability of up to date samples, new samples and prototypes or quality mock ups for Trade Shows within the category
- To ensure the most updated sales presenters which best reflect the category product ranges are available on the shared drive to aid the sales process
- Liaise with factories on a regular basis regarding outstanding samples, labdips, strike offs and trims implementing the overall order tracker to prioritise daily chase list to ensure requirements are met within required timescales.
- To provide cover and/or support for other Assistant Buyers and Buying Administrators as required ensuring urgent requirements are met from within the Admin and support team
- On an ongoing basis to check the workflow viewer and task viewer ensuring all administration support requests are met to meet business need.
- To carry out any other duties as may reasonable be required
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience needed
- Good standard of general education with GCSE Grade A-C in English & Mathematics
- Well-developed MS Office skills with proficiency in Excel
- Keen eye for detail
- Organised approach with the ability to balance competing priorities
- Flexible approach and 'can do’ attitude
Ideal Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience within a manufacturer/wholesale or retail background within the accessories/apparel category
- Knowledge of the licensing industry
- Previous experience of using Navision or similar ERP system
Only relevant candidates will be contacted
- Fashion Buying
- Fashion Design
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job