Make sure you hit "APPLY" if you feel you are suitable for this role!
Carlton Recruitment will be holding Candidate Registration Days in Wimbledon and Epsom over the next two weeks.
We will be recruiting for this role and a variety of exciting temporary and permanent positions.
If you’re currently looking for your next opportunity then pop in on one of the days with your CV and passport and introduce yourself. We’ll talk you through our latest vacancies and get to know what you’re after in your career!
Open days take place between 9:00am - 5:30pm at the following locations:
Wimbledon - Tuesday 17th April 2018 - The Wimbledon Business Centre, The Old Town Hall, 4 Queens Road, Wimbledon, SW19 8YB
Epsom - Wednesday 25th April 2018 - Global House, No 1 Ashley Avenue, Epsom, KT18 5AD
NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BRING
- Your passport, if you do not have a passport please bring your full birth certificate
- Your CV and National Insurance card/letter
- Drivers and forklift operators must have their valid license so we can make copies.
Please phone our offices if you need to visit outside of hours. We look forward to seeing you.
£22,000 - £24,000
Reports to Purchasing Director
Carlton Recruitment is one of the UK’s leading recruitment agencies. Established for over 19 years, we have grown at a tremendous rate and are one of the fastest growing recruitment agencies providing services in areas within London, Surrey and Kent.
Looking for a role in purchasing? Our client, based in Mitcham, Surrey, is offering an exciting opportunity for a successful candidate to work closely with suppliers from the likes of Europe and the Far East. You will be involved in all aspects of the purchasing process from trend analysis and product development through to managing projects from order placement through to shipment. You will lead on all aspects of the product development and sampling process, ensuring that your creative ability provides products which sit perfectly with the client’s brand identity. You will be able to demonstrate your creative ability and show an excellent commercial approach.
• Sourcing directly or indirectly the most appropriate suppliers for each brief in order to deliver the optimum combination of capability, price, lead-time and quality
• Manage the sampling process to ensure accurate samples matching designs are delivered quickly and efficiently
• Proactively manage costs, in line with required profit margins and budgets
• Utilise skills to negotiate best prices / payment terms / deals from suppliers
• Produce and provide accurate 'delivered’ prices to sales team
• Manage the product development process to ensure amends are made quickly and accurately to enable sign-off of approved samples
• Ensure that a full written documentation trail is available, in accordance with specified company procedures
• Propose products in response to briefs from the sales team and our clients
• Raise formal purchase orders through our order processing system
• Risk Assess, and then program orders for delivery
• Ensure all Company records are accurately maintained
• Gain a thorough understanding of customers, their brands, and their requirements
• Tenacious with a strong determination to succeed
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills
• Exceptional time management and interpersonal skills
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Strong IT skills with experience in using Microsoft Office and Apple Mac
• 2-3 years experience in premiums buying
• Ability to speak Mandarin not essential, but an advantage
- Order Processing
- Product Development
- Trend Analysis
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job