WE’RE GOING PLACES….
With more than 60 years of history in the bag, ours is a brand with an impressive heritage. Style is well and truly in our blood. As well as UK and Ireland, we are represented globally through our stores in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia. Our e-commerce business is helping to set the trend globally, shipping to 125 countries whilst also growing our presence on the world’s leading digital fashion marketplaces.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
Our Buying teams are at the heart of our business and at River Island you would be working as part of a leading, award winning Buying team in a fast, dynamic, diverse and exciting environment. Working closely with our Merchandisers and Designers you will be an integral part of our team responsible for creating trend driven product ranges for our customer.
For this role we are looking for an Assistant Buyer to join our Menswear team:
Key duties would include:-
Reporting to the Buyer, you will:
- Work closely with the Buyer, Design and Merchandising Teams to develop new and creative ranges for our customers
- Provide a high degree of input on product particularly with reference to commerciality and colour palettes
- Negotiate with and influence own buy UK and International suppliers
- Maintain all aspects of the critical path
- Ensure the smooth running of the development process, maintaining schedules and key deadlines
- Support the Buyer in range planning meetings by presenting new ranges
- Stay in touch with fashion market by visiting showrooms, competitors, suppliers etc and reading relevant publications and websites
- Manage and develop the junior members of your team
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
- Currently operating at Assistant Buyer level with a solid buying career to-date within a fast fashion brand
- Outstanding commercial awareness, with a creative eye for product and trends
- Good time management skills with the ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks under pressure to meet deadlines
- Be a team player, understanding priorities and work load of other departments
- Excellent communication and networking skills at all levels
- Proven management skills, with the ability to coach and develop junior members of the team
- Love the brand as much as we do!
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job