Assistant Buyer - Lifestyle
The role of Assistant Buyer - Lifestyle has come about as a result of my clients expansion plans and their continued ongoing success. My client is looking for a dynamic Assistant Buyer. As a Assistant Buyer you will work closely with the Buyer to enhance the businesses offering to it's customers. Developing relationships with new and existing suppliers whilst ensuring maximum value and efficiency for the business.
My client is a forward thinking and creative retail business who are rapidly expanding across the UK. They cover several departments across a wide variety or products but are always on the look out for the next venture to grow the business further.
The role of Assistant Buyer - Lifestyle has come about as a result of my clients expansion plans and their continued ongoing success. You will be based in Exeter and work closely with the Buyer to enhance the businesses offering to it's customers. Developing relationships with new and existing suppliers whilst ensuring maximum value and efficiency for the business.
- Assist the Buyer with proactive continuous product sourcing
- Responsible for negotiation of terms and conditions with assigned suppliers
- Manage and maintain daily correspondence of assigned suppliers
- Achieve margin and product sell thru targets
- Maintain and develop excellent supplier relationships
- Ensure right mix of product and maintain awareness of competitors position and market share
- Assist the Buyer in all aspects of the buying process through attending buying appointments with the Buyer, UK travel where necessary.
- Placing of orders and attending ad-hoc buying appointments in the Buyers' absence to gather product information for review.
Essential Skills and Requirements for Assistant Buyer - Lifestyle :
- Graduate or equivalent
- Proven experience as a buyer in a retail environment would be desirable
- Proven commercial experience of trading in a fast paced and reactive environment
- Good judgement and decision making skills
- Numerate with strong analytical and computer skills
- Discreet, professional and with excellent communication skills
- Keen eye for details
- Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas
£22,000 - £25,000 + Package
- Assistant Buyer
- South West
- far east
- junior buyer
- Buyers assistant
- product developemnt
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"