At TJC, We exist to deliver joy whether it’s directly to our customers, employees, business partners, or within the communities in which we operate. We aim to delight our customers by creating and delivering beautiful, high quality desirable designs at accessible value to all. We package and deliver our items efficiently, selling with a smile through our TV channels, web marketing, mobile app, and on the phone with our customer care agents.
At every point of our business, we do our best to deliver joy to our valued colleagues to pass on that joy to our customers, friends and family. In addition, TJC delivers joy through our One for One charitable programme - for every single item ordered, we donate a meal to a hungry child in India and the UK. To date, we have delivered over 8 million meals to give children the encouragement to attend school and give them the energy to succeed.
We hope our customers feel our commitment to delivering joy every time they shop with us.
What does our Buying team do?
We partner with all areas of the business, utilising our market knowledge of current trends, to continually develop and buy a fantastic range of products suitable for our Customers. The Customers’ requirements are at the heart of everything we do, therefore not only trend but quality, affordability and speed to market is really important to us.
We are looking for an Assistant Buyer to join our Lifestyle category to assist expanding accessories range.
As an Assistant Buyer you will be responsible for ensuring the critical buying path is achieved and that order management and sampling processes run to schedule.
- Sound understanding of the Business Strategy and how that impacts your Department
- Applying knowledge of the current competitive market place and trends, and inputting into the direction of the department
- Solid understanding of the Department’s current Customer insights, Market Share and opportunities
- Working in conjunction with TV Production, planning, Marketing and Ecommerce, supporting with scheduled TV shows, web marketing campaigns etc.
- Assisting in Department Strategy Planning preparation
- Assist the Product Development process from Design brief to launch, liaising with Design, Marketing and other relevant departments
- Negotiating the best cost price to achieve departmental margin targets
- Understanding product trends and interpreting them where relevant into product areas
- Ensuring input to the Taylor made system and other data / system management, in a timely manner
- Understanding the appropriate sourcing route and Supplier for Product
- Assist in Live TV sales by providing story telling and co presenting on air
- Managing Supplier relationships and KPI’s, including monitoring sampling requirements in line with projected levels of business
- Negotiating and liaising with Suppliers
- Understanding of reports and actions that may need to be taken on Trade
- Sharing of information where possible on Product, Suppliers, Best /Worst Sellers within the business area
- Monitor, maintain and action competitor analysis (comparative shopping)
- Supporting with the development of fellow colleagues, delivering relevant training and support where required
- Collaboratively working with Merchandising, Design and Technical colleagues
What skills do I need for the role?
- Previous experience as a Buying Admin Assistant / Assistant Buyer within a major retailer
- Fashion Qualification / Other degree desirable
- Customer knowledge and a strong fashion eye
- Good interpersonal / communication skills
- Ability to initiate, build and maintain relationships with Design, Merchandising, TV production, Warehouse and Suppliers
- The capability to perform under pressure and work in a fast paced environment
- Solid presentation skills
- Numerical and analytical skills
- PC literate - Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook
- A good understanding of fashion trends and knowledge of the high street
- Sound knowledge of the elements that make up the cost of a product
- Understanding of supply chain issues / cost - (e.g. product lead times/ flexibility/ supplier capability)
- Ability to develop and build a small product range
- Fashion Buying
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'