As an Assistant Buyer on our Mens department, you’ll work closely with the Buyer to ensure the department achieves sales, stock and margin targets through the development of the product range, building and maintaining strong working relationships with the supplier base.
- Ensure we stay ahead of our competitors within the Menswear market with regular shopping and benchmarking trips
- Identify opportunities with the Buyer in regards to prices, range width, gaps or over-ranging, equipment, POS & VM.
- Attend Trade Shows, in the UK and overseas, producing reports and feeding back your findings to the wider team
- Taking an active role within WSSI meetings, displaying your understanding of how Intake and OTB affect WSSI figures.
- Identify sales on the Range Monitor, proposing actions against forecasts and budgets where appropriate.
- Support the Buyer by contributing to selection meetings, commenting on future trends and competitor ranges using knowledge gained from competitor shopping trips and external research.
This role is offered on a fixed term, 6 month contract.About You
- Experienced within a Trainee or Assistant Buying role, preferably within fashion retail
- Ability to think commercially
- Ability to work independently to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Experience of development and coaching is essential.
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job