The National Trust is a busy organisation that has a lot going on at all times - you can guarantee that no day is the same so you’ll have to love variety. As well as supporting day to day operations, you’ll have the chance to support a variety of projects. You’ll learn to champion best practice when it comes to business support, and will always be looking at how you can offer help where needed.
This role is based on annualised hours, where the amount of hours you work each month may vary, however your salary will be paid in 12 equal instalments over the year.
In this role you’ll be working weekends, bank holidays and occasionally weekdays to cover for holidays and training.
What it's like to work here
Clumber Park is a beautiful expanse of parkland, heath and woods covering more than 3,800 acres. Clumber was once the country estate of the Dukes of Newcastle. Although the house was demolished in 1938, there are many glimpses of its grand past to explore. From the Gothic-style chapel, often referred to as a 'Cathedral in miniature', you can follow in the footsteps of Dukes through the peaceful pleasure ground to the Walled Kitchen Garden where you can experience sights, scents and a taste of the past
What you'll be doing
Known for your attention to detail and can do attitude, you’ll help provide a comprehensive administration service to your team. As well as assisting with people’s diaries and movements, you’ll be comfortable using a variety of IT packages to help create reports, keep accurate records, and write timely and accurate internal/external communications. In essence you’ll assist with the delivery of an effective business support and cash office function. You will also be supporting the properties duty manager during some of our busiest periods, helping to effectively communicate with visitors, tenants and teams across the property.
Who we're looking for
Our team love to be busy, and so will you, so to thrive in this environment,
You’ll have the following skills and experience:
- Helpful and approachable demeanour
- A good team player
- Advanced IT Skills and ability to use digital/social media and other marketing channels
- Have clear written and verbal communication skills
- Take pride on delivering excellent customer service
- Ability to prioritise your own workload
- Good eye for detail
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job