Alongside our Lead Business Researcher and Analyst, you will be responsible for scanning the horizon for the latest ideas, innovations, thought leadership and trends in the field of business development.
This could be anything from spotting key political, social and environmental trends and changes happening in the world, to a keen interest in new developments in business and commerce such as gadgets, technology and its application, innovative ways of working, problem solving etc.
Working closely alongside the Lead Business Researcher and Analyst, you will gather together interesting new ideas and use this information to help create opportunities to inspire businesses in Cornwall to do things differently, be ahead of the curve and become more competitive. These ideas may form the basis of our inspiring Future Focus Events, or might help inform the content of our popular lab workshops which businesses will attend to help work out action plans for change.
Working closely with our Innovation and Collaboration Manager, you will ensure that workshop content is full of the highest quality information and provides a strong platform for businesses to innovate and progress through the programme. Through desk research you will also identify opportunities for businesses who have not yet engaged to participate. You may also foresee potential collaborations between businesses inside and outside of Cornwall.
You will be actively involved in the delivery of the programme and will help businesses develop business cases and plans for funding and development. You’ll be working in a supportive environment where you will receive plenty of training and support to undertake the role.
Applicants must have:
- A relevant degree or equivalent.
- Experience in a research based role or you will have completed a degree which involved research
- An interest in business growth and/or innovations
- Strong business and commercial awareness
- An aptitude for obtaining and understanding the practical application and utilisation of new knowledge, content and methodology
- Excellent ability and ideally experience of identifying and presenting poignant data in an engaging and visual way from a complex data set
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word / Excel/ Outlook / PowerPoint/Social Media Tools/CRM
- Natural ability and interest in spotting key political, social and environmental trends and changes happening in the world and an understanding of their commercial implications
- A keen interest in new developments in business and commerce such as gadgets, technology and its application, innovative ways of working, problem solving etc.
- Naturally resourceful and inquisitive character with the ability to stay focussed on delivering outcomes
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Analytical and results orientated
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and presentations
- An outstanding, motivating and supportive team player with high integrity and respect for others.
- Good attention to detail with a desire to achieve high quality outcomes
- Results driven and quality orientated
- Own transport
Unlocking Potential has the enviable reputation of successfully delivering high quality services through a team of enthusiastic, dedicated staff who work hard to unlock the potential of people and business. Our people are our most important asset, so to join our dynamic, hardworking, passionate and friendly team, you will need to demonstrate that you are approachable, client focused and a team player. You will be someone who thrives on change, loves a challenge, respects others and truly takes pride in doing your best. Whoever joins us will need to live and breathe our values of Can Do, Responsive, Empowering, Authentic, Team Spirited, Enthusiastic.
Other Application Details
Previous applicants need not apply. If you require further information please call Becks Polson at Unlocking Potential
This role is fixed term until 31st October 2018 and is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
Applications must be submitted via the Cornwall College Jobs Website
- Commercial Awareness
- Microsoft Word
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job