An exciting opportunity to join Medcentres Plus a growing private healthcare business with ambitious plans. Reporting directly to the Clinic Director you will have responsibility for helping develop the business, as well as undertaking marketing activities to attract and retain new patients. The role will also include financial and commercial responsibilities to ensure the efficient running of the clinic. Previous healthcare experience not required, but hospitality or customer focused experience advantageous. You should be able to demonstrate excellent inter-personal skills.
Reporting to the Clinic Director, the assistant business manager will be responsible for undertaking business development activities with the aim of attracting and retaining new customers, ensuring effective financial control and managing operational and administrative teams.
Flexible Part Time opportunity - approx. 20 hours per week (with possible view to full time)
FTE Salary £20-26k depending on qualifications and experience.
Principle Job Elements and Responsibilities
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Executing and inputting into the sales and marketing strategy in conjunction with the Clinic Director
- Undertaking financial reporting tasks including basic management accounting
- Working with clinicians and partners to manage and support key commercial relationships
- Supervising administrative and operational teams
- Undertaking some quality management tasks
- Ensuring that patients receive an excellent service from Medcentres Plus in all aspects of our service
- Working effectively to support clinical teams
- Supporting members of the admin team when needed
- Other ad-hoc tasks and projects as required ensuring the smooth running of the Clinic such as deputising for the Clinic Director in their absence in financial and commercial matters.
Skills, knowledge, qualifications required for job
- Friendly, enthusiastic and a good team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Efficiency, accuracy, attention to detail
- Self-motivated and willing to take the initiative
- Aptitude to work without direct supervision
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to adapt and successfully multi task
- Excellent IT skills - Word, Excel, Internet, databases
- At least 3 A Levels A - C (or equivalent qualification)
- Relevant degree advantageous but not essential
- Commercial background including evidence of customer/client management and business development.
The following would be advantageous:
- Previous experience in the independent care sector (private hospital or clinic) OR Previous experience within hospitality.
- Previous experience with small businesses (turnover less than £1mn).
- Previous experience working with senior clinical professionals.
- Business Development
- Organisational Skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job