We are proud to be working in conjunction with a dynamic and award winning financial firm, specialising in the lending market. With beautiful offices, in the West End of London, you will be joining a company that will nurture your career through the years, offering you a true career path. The atmosphere is professional and friendly and their reputation is fantastic.
If you are a Mortgage Underwriter, or are looking to make your first move in to Mortgage Underwriting, and are looking to join a leading team then please read on...
Purpose of Role
The purpose of the Assistant Underwriter role will be providing assistance to the short term underwriting team. Primary tasks include the production of legal documentation, issuing amended ESIS and DIP’s to brokers and intermediaries where required, reviewing incoming post, reviewing valuation reports plus chasing third parties including surveyors, brokers and applicants.
The Assistant Underwriter will work closely with the Underwriter and will provide support by drafting exit and case summaries on all applications plus actively responding to third parties within 24 hours of receiving post. The role will also include administrative duties such as data entry, running ID and credit based checks, printing and filing.
• Highly organized
• Able to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines
• Able to work confidently with a small team or individually
• Confident telephone manner
• Computer literate
• Mortgage or other lending experience preferred but not essential
• Reliability Key Responsibilities
• Assist Underwriters with their cases
• Produce high quality illustrations in the form of Key Fact Illustrations or Decisions in Principle
• Setting up new files for agreed loan facilities
• Instructing valuers with required valuation reports
• Talking to both brokers & clients directly to take payments for both valuation & legal fees
• Liaise with sales team from time to time
• General Office duties
• Successfully assist Underwriters with their loan cases
• Maintain a professional and open relationship with both colleagues & business providers
• Show excellent judgment
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who has worked within the lending industry and has an interest in expanding their career in towards becoming a mandated underwriter. Existing involvement within the mortgage industry is essential. Underwriting experience is preferred but not essential.
- Mortgage Underwriting
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job