We’re East Anglia’s largest independent Builders Merchants and we’re passionate about Building Better Careers.
This is a great opportunity to join the team and become a part of a family owned business dedicated to helping our colleagues reach their full potential.
We are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Branch Manager to assist in the effective and efficient running of our branch.
As Assistant Branch Manager, your main duties will be to:
- Implement and maintain a hands on, walk the floor technique to ensure the smooth running of the branch
- Supervise sales, gross profit and operating costs to maximise profitability
- Ensure compliance with all processes through your people
- Supervise, motivate and encourage colleagues to fulfil their maximum potential
- Support, guide and coach your people to take ownership for their work output
- Supervise Health and Safety compliance including training, accident and incident/ near miss reporting, audits, housekeeping and liaise with the H & S team when necessary to ensure the safety of employees, visitors and contractors at all times
- Liaise with the Loss Prevention team, where necessary, to maintain measures to minimise trading losses and monitor security procedures
- Ensure all colleagues training needs are identified and met
- Carry out ongoing performance management with all team members
- Involvement in disciplinary/investigations as appropriate
- Responsibility for recruitment and induction of new colleagues
- Provide cover for the Branch Manager and run the branch when required
To be successful in this position you will need to prove that you have the Ridgeons ‘Edge’ that puts us ahead of the competition. We aim to push ourselves harder for our customers and we seek to recruit people who share this drive.
To be shortlisted for this role you will need to:
- Previous management experience ideally in a trade environment
- Have proven people management and relationship building skills
- Be able to manage a high and varied workload
- Put yourself in the customer’s shoes
- Be willing to challenge yourself every day
- Show a ‘do it today’ attitude with an action orientated outlook
- Take ownership of problems to find solutions
- Be a great team player
Why work for Ridgeons?
The Ridgeon Group are passionate about our people and offer a range of benefits to engage our colleagues. We offer a competitive package including a colleague benefits platform with access to hundreds of discounts, an outstanding staff discount, company bonus scheme with the opportunity to earn up to a month’s salary, contributory pension scheme, enhanced maternity and paternity pay, child care vouches and much more.
If you are ready to Build a Better Career, please apply online today.