Assistant Branch Manager - Hitchin Head Office
We are looking for an Assistant Manager / Supervisor to help develop the business and assist in the day to day running of a busy Welding and Engineering Distributor in Hitchin, Hertfordshire. You will need to be driven and self-motivated with the ability to drive your team to achieve and exceed targets. Experience within the welding, abrasive, PPE or engineering industry is beneficial although not essential for this role as we are really looking for the candidate with the right skills and attributes to succeed in this position.
As Assistant Branch Manager you will be responsible for driving the day to day growth of the business - through building relationships internally and externally. You will work with the Branch Manager to ensure the smooth running of the depot whilst ensuring good customer care working practises are maintained and customer expectation are exceeded whenever possible.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work with the Branch Manager to motivate and help lead the team, ensuring ongoing development of self and all staff members
• Coordinates all aspects of customer service for customers including receiving phoned and emailed orders, order processing, quotation generation and technical enquiries
• Processes customer orders in a timely and accurate manner including clarification and order entry.
• As required liaise with the internal despatch team both pre and post shipment to ensure we are capable of meeting the delivery requirements of the customer.
• Advises/suggests best product application to meet customer needs.
• Placing purchase orders and liaising with suppliers to ensure delivery times are met
• Work closely with our external sales team.
• Answer, with assistance from the internal technical sales where necessary, all enquiries of a technical nature
• To provide assistance to the Branch Manager, deputise in their absence and to assume a supervisory role with all team members
• Understanding procedures and financial data so the branch is focused on continually striving to improve on sales and profit targets
• The ability to interact and communicate with customers professionally at all times
• Experience of working within a sales environment
• Excellent people-skills and a motivated, proactive approach
• High level of drive to set the highest possible customer service levels
• The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Must be able to communicate with people at all levels, both internally and externally
• To be able to work using own initiative and be self-motivated
• Valid UK Driving license an advantage but not a necessity
• To be flexible and a team player
• Working knowledge of Sage, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook preferable although not essential
What United Welding can offer:
• Competitive rate of pay
• Ongoing Opportunities for development and career advancement
• Comprehensive training programs
• The opportunity to work in a creative, comfortable, progressive and fun environment
• A rewarding career, not just a job, with a company who really value and look after their employees
• Uncapped bonus potential - the UWS group really believe in rewarding hard work
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any salary or on target earnings information is given in good faith and Clark James Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, Clark James Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by Clark James Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.
- Communication Skills
- Management Skills
- Organisational Skills
- Sales Motivation
- Team Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job