Academy Music Group are recruiting for an Assistant Bars Manager to ensure the smooth running on a day to day basis of bar operations, staff employment and stock control at O2 Academy Brixton.
Academy Music Group is part of Live Nation Entertainment which is the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, LN Media and Artist Nation Management.
- Monitoring bars on show nights and ensuring they are clean.
- Estimating demand and ordering all bar supplies including beer (draught and bottled), cellar gas, spirits and wines, plastic glasses and other secondary bar goods.
- Management of the safe, cashing up tills, counting take and preparing floats. Ensuring all bars have a good supply of change.
- Receiving bar deliveries and the distribution of beer cases and bar goods within the venue. Stocking bars with spirits, beers and glasses.
- Completing purchase order forms for goods received.
- Aiding with stock-takes when required
- Cellar management.
- Changing barrels, gas bottles and post-mix on show nights.
- Ensure cellars, coolers and post-mix is maintained.
- Cleaning of all beer lines within the venue.
- Preparing and opening bars and ensuring the smooth running of bars during the show.
- Ensuring all voids and wastage are recorded.
- Aiding with staffing and staff liaison.
- Duty management of events at the request of your line manager.
- Cellar maintenance and bar security.
- Other reasonable duties as and when required.
Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- Personal licence holder
- Ability to work in a team
- Line management of staff
- Administration and competent in the use of Microsoft Office applications - specifically Excel
- Finance and cash handling
- Recruitment and training of staff
- Good communicator, with a strong desire to learn new skills
- Able to work to deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Able to manage situations with tact and diplomacy
- Can identify problems and develop solutions
- Able to work flexible and unsocial hours including evenings, nights, weekends, bank holidays and New Year’s Eve.
- Enthusiastic about live music and club events
How to apply:
If your skills and experiences match that of this job description apply here today with a current CV including full employment and education information.
All roles at Live Nation Entertainment are subject to full background screening.
Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. To avoid disappointment please apply as soon as possible.