We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and highly motivated qualified teacher to assist the Achievement Director of Business Studies, ICT and Computing.
The successful candidate will be committed to providing an outstanding learning environment for our students. The school has a large sixth form with many of the subjects well represented at post 16, so post-16 experience is desirable.
In return, we offer excellent opportunities for personal development and the chance to join a forward-thinking, ambitious and welcoming team.
Harris Academy St John’s Wood is a brand new 11-18 secondary academy located in St John's Wood, central London, and serves an urban, highly multi-ethnic and disadvantaged intake. Open in September 2017, the academy joins the Harris Federation as a sponsored academy and has a fresh start on an exciting journey to achieve Outstanding in all areas within two years. The academy has new direction with the values of Dedication, Determination and Destiny. If you want to make a real difference to needy young people, and be supported to do so through great training and development as well as unrivalled progression opportunities, then joining this new Harris academy could be for you.
What we are looking for:
- An outstanding and committed teacher, holding QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree
- Ability to teach across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5
- A candidate looking to experience an outstanding environment where they can focus on teaching
- A candidate with the ambition to become a Lead Practitioner
Why work at our academy?
- An opportunity to join an ambitious new academy at the heart of the local community, working with experienced and inspirational leaders towards an outstanding future
- We combine the traditional values of good manners, strong discipline and respect with excellent teaching
- Generous Harris benefits package and excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
The academy is part of the Harris Federation, a leading group of 44 primary and secondary academies. This enables us to offer you excellent training opportunities to support your career development.
For more information, please download the Candidate Information Pack above.
Are you an Aspiring Senior Leader?
At Harris, we have a strong culture of school improvement, and professional development is at the heart of the Federation. We offer the opportunity for you to gain your NPQSL qualification, a dynamic development programme for middle leaders potentially one year away from senior leadership. This programme is led by some of the most talented principals in the country and delivered by high-performing principals and senior leaders with exceptional track-records. Our leaders have a wealth of knowledge and are highly experienced in improving outcomes for students. Find out more
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.