Assistant Accountant- Spider is supporting a business-to-business service in Ipswich, Suffolk who are looking for an experienced Assistant Accountant to join their team.
As the Assistant Accountant, you will provide support to the Group Financial Controller, as part of the finance team for the companies owned by Ipswich Borough Council and their subsidiaries.
You will be responsible for delivering to the controller the monthly management accounts for the trading companies in accordance with period-end timetables, including account reconciliations/schedules and variance analysis.
Other duties include:
- Provision of a full accounting and financial consultancy service to Group companies to enable the companies’ obligations and objectives to be achieved within financial constraints.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and cashflow forecasting.
- Liaise with budget holders to exercise budgetary and financial control
- Work with the Controller, Finance Director and Senior Management Team to provide Executive Reports
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for the trading companies as well as assisting the Trainee Accountant with any transactional duties.
- Attend monthly management account meetings with budget holders and controller answering any questions they have.
- Liaise with external auditors before, during and after the audit, providing required schedules, reconciliation reports and any other required documents.
- Day to day treasury management.
- Deputise for the Group Financial Controller during absences.
- Represent the companies at meetings as required
- Qualified Accountant/QBE with broad financial and management reporting experience, commercially focused and have proven business partnering skills.
- Excellent communicator able to liaise and influence at all levels.
- Knowledge of budget setting
- Knowledge of best practice in budgetary control
On offer is a salary of £28,256 - £30,825 per annum. Full time, 37 hours per week, Permanent
Benefits of working for the organisation
- Enrolment into the company pension scheme. Employer’s current contribution 24.2% of salary
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays (increasing to 30 days + bank holidays after 5 years employment)
- Hybrid working model (Candidate will be required to work from the offices in Ipswich for a minimum of 1 day per week)
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply by forwarding an up-to-date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser, and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: Accounts Assistant, Finance Assistant, Finance, Accounting, Accounts, Credit Control,
Here at Spider, we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.
- Accounts Assistant
- Finance Assistant
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'