Portslade, East Sussex
c£25,000 - £28,000 + study assistance
Highly reputable firm of Chartered Accountants based near Brighton & Hove providing accounting, tax and auditing services seeks an Assistant Accountant to join their friendly and successful team. They offer a generous salary, study assistance and excellent training to help you continually progress throughout your career with them. A few years' experience of working for a UK firm of chartered accountants is essential.
They are now offering an Accounting Technician, Bookkeeper or Assistant Accountant with a thorough understanding of debits and credits the opportunity to join their business advisory team.
Reporting to senior managers/partners, your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing accounts for sole traders, limited companies and partnerships
- Preparing VAT returns and submissions to HMRC
- Assisting with payroll and preparation of corporate and personal tax returns
- Dealing with ad-hoc enquiries for clients and being their first port of call
In return, they offer:
- On-going support, training and exposure to a variety of software
- A generous market salary
- Encouragement and support to continue and further your accountancy studies, if desired
Portslade is a thriving business hub close to Brighton, which is a diverse and multi-cultural seaside city with a great climate. It has amazing all-year-round nightlife with regular attractions almost every weekend for kids and adults such as the Brighton Marathon, Fringe Festival, various food festivals, regular Vintage Car & Motorbike rallies, the London to Brighton Cycle Race and Brighton Pride - to name just a few (pre/post-Covid).
Why should you apply?
- You are a qualified AAT or similar with experience of working within a UK firm of accountants and seeking a new challenge
- The firm has a nurturing culture that wants you to feel happy and respected, whilst progressing ever upwards in your career
- The on-going training on offer will stand you in excellent stead for your future career
- Brighton & Hove is an amazing city in which to live and work where you can enjoy a proper work/life balance
How to apply
For further information and to apply, please click on the appropriate link or call Nigel Patrick now for a confidential discussion.
We are committed to equal opportunities in full accordance with the equality Act 2010 and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are fully GDPR 2018 Compliant
- Vat Returns
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'